Friday, November 7, 2008

I am not alone...

- Never Stop Dreaming -

The truth is out there like in the X files is so true. I have made more foreign friends since I got here than I ever will if I had remained in SG. So you might wonder why would anyone want foreign friends? There may be infinite reasons out there but as far as I am concern, I tend to gain an indepth understanding and also at times clear up stereotypes that had plagued me for centuries. Always in the quest to search for interesting adventures, boredom, stale or stagnant ain't quite my style.

That's not really a bad thing I mean konwing tons of foreingers except that I used to be the only exclusive Singaporean within a vicinity of 100 miles, maybe. All that changed when I met the new English teachers...more from Obama's land as usual, some Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders and an English man. The English man named Tom had a Singaporean friend in Ueda which is like 2 towns away from mine.

Dang! I thought to myself but it ain't all that bad to trade some exclusivity for a fellow Kampung Kid. See when the SGreans get together in a foreign land, the Ah Bengs and Ah Lians come crawling out, the slangs, the jargons, the style...the food, the place, etc. You get the point.

Then comes the part where I got hooked to Facebook where everyone else is so crazy. I am a bitch and I admit it...a shopping whore and when I see people having like 2000 friends in their list, I become jealous at times. Self preservation and realization is something that I am clearly lacking until these phrases began to conceive inside me head.

"It's never about how many friends you have but who you have that matters."
"Numbers are nothing more than a statistic."
"It's never about who you are but what you do that will make a difference."
"It's either you go down in history with the right reasons or for the wrong reasons."
"But some will vanish into history with no reasons."

Everything began to make clear sense after that. So I am indeed looking forward to meeting this new SG dude.

No comments: