Monday, October 6, 2008

Sullen Sunday Saved

- Never Stop Dreaming -

This particular Sunday was much anticipated as a pre-arranged meeting with an interesting character was set weeks prior. Dinner was held at a restaurant named, "Anniversary" with a red Countach glimmering off the wax displayed in the middle of the restaurant.

Well in the morning, I was goofing around my house as usual and then fiddling with my PSP. Like a new toy to a small boy, I found myself immersed in the new game, Way of the Samurai dispite it being in all Japanese. As the weather progress thru the chilly dawn to the scorching heat by mid afternoon, I found myself barely able to keep up. It was then I felt my head spinning and fever within me was rising. With such an important dinner date later in the evening, I tried hard to regain my composure and tide thru the rest of the afternoon barely alive. Then God was kind enoungh to grant another cold storm so by the early evening, no blue skies were visible. Only overcast skies, thick fog and prolonged rain were the confirmation of my existence as I was still struggling. My head was still spinning and I felt digested food building up in my throat.

By now it was already too late for me to cancel the appointment and besides, I was to eager to meet any new characters. An opportunity doesn't always appear twice and this one was set up in my honor, in other words, it's mandatory for me to grace such and event. With Rick Price's music running thru the Ipod touch to the car speakers, I made my way thru the slippery roads wiping the condensation on the windscreen haphazardly and the battle to regain sanity. Boy was it dangerous...I felt as though I was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Alas, I arrived at the pre-determined location where my benefactors questioned my weird facial color. It was then they realised that I was pregnant...with fever and nausea. Well it wasn't really that bad because by now, much of the bad air was almost lifted miraculously by the decreasing temperature and the fact that I am still alive.

The confrontation of 3 guys including myself against 3 girls at a barely occupied restaurant on a rainy Sunday evening began to unfold slowly. This otherwise seemingly normal arrangement had different motives to begin with. Mitsu, the mastermind behind this dinner date, had put together all these to quell my imposing request. It was set up so I could meet Kyoko so her 2 alibis were just part of the decoration to remove any awkward elements between me and her. Of course Mitsu had to be there for all this to happen so he had to bring along another "decoration" to complete the picture. For this, I had to thank "The Saint" for that's his nick name.

Her name was Kyoko and her eyes were mesmerizing. She had long black tresses and she was tall. There was a strange aura around her but it wasn't overly sophisticated nor was it too simple. There was something about her that seemed pretty pleasant but then again, I came without expectations so indeed I wasn't rewarded with much disappointment. There was only 1 slight complain that I held which was...she was Kate Moss's twin. A near perfect model for any magazine by any standards but simply lacking the necessary fat. I really can't complain about that too much but otherwise her eyes were indeed beautiful.

During dinner, I realised that most of the females attention were directed primarily at me presumably because of the fact that I am non Japanese. Quite to the contary, I would prefer these "limelights" to be off since I wasn't in a state to be presented to the public. With stares coming in from all directions, I chose to avoid direct eye contact with Kyoko for reasons already stated. With that in placed, dispite the conversation going on, the food looking like art pieces and the smoothing background music, I was completely isolated from everything. Deep in my own concentrations, I was trying to hypothesize the correct cognitive formation behind those friendly smiles and harmless gazes. I had my own requirements to fulfil which I felt was reasonably fundamental. I couldn't simply let those fleeting thoughts escape with each vital gaze directed at me.

Somewhere during dinner, Mitsu had to attend to his bar so he left with only me, "The Saint" and 3 strange faces in front of me. As much as my battered body could hold, I tried to be as spontaneous as I could until the time was right for me to leave. After dinner, more action was held at Mitsu's bar with some amateur but spectacular darts being exhibited. Of course there were numerous questions about how I felt before and after the dinner date about Kyoko but as usual, I really wasn't interested in seeking a soulmate on the maiden meeting. Love that blossoms from friendship is beautiful and meaningful to me as I explained these profound but yet essential bits to a successful relationship to the rest in my broken Japanese. I humbly closed this interesting chapter of my Sunday to prepare for Monday's work at 1 am in the morning.

These are the ending credits -

Really wanna convey a huge THANK YOU to Mitsu for the efforts and appreciation for all these being possible.

Thank You Kyoko for the wonderful first impression and not forgeting the eyes.

No comments: