Monday, October 27, 2008

- Never Stop Dreaming -

I have absolutely no idea how to title this entry and that is hilarious coming from one who plays with words to distort meanings and lay hidden messages. Quite simply because I was distracted...well not by an instantaneous visual intrusion but rather a mental indigestion.

You see the weekend 2 weeks ago which I am still living it now, was quite a historical moment for me. Maybe because I had said it many times while I was in Singapore that I wanted to party in Tokyo so badly and all that insane rants which literally became reality. But the sypnosis is that this was only the second part of the continuing story which took placed some 1 year ago.

Because I am not writing a script for the upcoming movie or drama, nor am I intending to do so, I shall skip all the plots and casts from a year ago.

Morris was with me in Tokyo for some unfinished business and I had to run some errands to burn some money. Expanding on that, I had to prowl the streets of Tokyo for a decent helmet for the upcoming snowboarding season and also check out the Kangol Hat Store in Harajuku because that was supposed to be the ONLY flagship store in Japan. Much to my disappointment, my ideal helmet had not been distributed to the stores and only at the last stop did I discover that Japan will not be carrying that particular model. Well at some point of time was I considering other alternatives but my stupid perserverence proved to be fatal in the end.

Then came the Kangol Hat Store which was a complete let down. It was just a nano-sized basement with hats lined by the side of the narrow stairs. The mediocre "shop" was no bigger than half a storey of the HDB stairway. Dismay, disappointed and damn, deceived. However I found out that the only comfortable consolation I got from these experiences were that if I spend a hell lot more money and get my wish list online, a smile is never too far from my face. Which of course I did...placed an order online from the Kangol Store 2 days later and received the much acclaimed Kangol Furgora Trilby in a sweet box labelled "Box Full of Kangol" via FedEx. Am still waiting for the Bern Baker Winter-quipped Helmet to arrive. Will post pics by then...

Ok going on ranting about the Tokyo night out...Didn't have much plans but had dinner with another fellow SGrean Celest (which I had better not shoot anything here for safety reasons) and her boyfriend, some other foreigners (Morris's friends) and a Japanese boy. Middle of dinner I messaged Mariko (whom I had met a year back) what were her plans and then all hell broke lose. Invited I was with Morris to Hitomi's (also someone I knew a year back) farewell party. She was packing to Guam for a 3 year attachment I presumed. So straight after dinner where everyone was fretting what to do next and where to go (well that's likely the case when a whole horde of male foreigners congregate in Shibuya late into the Saturday night), Morris and I simply gave everyone the slip by using Hitomi's party as the escape line and hey it WORKED!

Arriving at Ebisu, I wasn't sure what was in store for me as the conversations with Mariko on the cellphone were just deafening thumping music blanketing her faint voice. Zest was the name of the pre-arranged place where Morris and myself stood like complete cavemmens coming from mountainous Nagano. Then the very next second I found myself greeted with a bear hug from Mariko and dragged into a long table with say...1o really beautiful sculptures of God...young Japanese ladies. (Ahem!...*cough* *cough*) Alrite at this point I would like to highlight that the hug greetings did not end with my long lost friend Hitomi coming up with the huggings and the standing ovation I got from her insane introductions. Girls, one after another came up and greeted my like I was some celebrity...Now that's what I call, INSANE!

You see there were actually 3 parties going on at the same restaurant. With Hitomi's farewell in the middle...the turnout were Hitomi's boyfriend, Jeremy, 1 other Japanese dude...Morris and me being the 4 hot boys with swarmed with girls. The 2 other parties were simply wedding parties with truck loads of guys in suits...my point here is that the 2 other parties were gentlemen filled drooling at me crashing the party mid way, gracing hugs after hugs and screams after screams. Hey...you really can't blame the MAN for being THAT (uh)desirable...Haha drool on.

Somewhere late into the party where alcohol intoxication took it's toll, it was only a matter of time before we were robbed of that prized position in the photos. The men in suits were from the "Other" parties.

I swore every other male Homo Sapien Hetrosexual in that restaurant wanted to put me on a platter in pieces. Well maybe me and Morris because I never forget my buddies...so after the crazy party we were headed to another club, MUSE somewhere in Ropponggi where this time round it's just me, Morris and 8 other cuties. Same thing happened...more people staring at me swarmed by 8 girls everywhere I go, from the dance floor to the bar counters and to the toilet...ok ok may I was lying and I made this whole story up from the start like in The Usual Suspects but here are some pictures for your visual digestion.








Hmm I think that was my evil twin brother disguising himself as me in the photos. Coming up next after the commercials...Halloween party in Miyota, Nagano Ken.

No comments: