Thursday, October 28, 2010

Embrace the cold winter with warmth

- Never Stop Dreaming -

This year, I will possibly have the best winter and Christmas which would be only in my wildest dreams until that very day when I decided to walk on thin ice sheet. I am a modern day adventurer, an explorer and risks are just some appetizers that add flavor to my daily meals. If I hadn't set out this journey decades back, if I didn't have the courage to gamble everything I had, if I didn't take the leap of faith, I really wouldn't be here today. And so on this day, I will give myself a little pat on my shoulder and say to myself in the mirror, "Well done lad, you've indeed come a long brave journey littered with uncertainties. But this is only the beginning to a whole new chapter so go forth and seek your destiny..."

Like I had said a million times before, I have found very capable people along the way but many succumbed to sloth, one of the 7 deadly sins which left me conquering this journey alone till the very end. In the very end, my perseverence paid off and now I will enjoy my first warm fruits of my hard labour for my 4th winter. No more cold piercing me, no more restless nights and no more dead silence...I have found warmth, feeling the tenderness in the days ahead. The missing pieces are found and I am standing on a solid infrastructure looking up and looking good, like I had always been. Dreaming was only the first simple step while realizing my dream was another easy second step...holding on and not yielding, embracing the elements, healing wounds and living a life of lies till the very end requires immerse patience, mental strength and lots of energy. I didn't give up against all odds and now I will be rewarded.

Christmas, hopefully a white white one like the one I had always dreamt about seems within my grasp this year and receiving those lovely "Love Bentos" was actually more heart warming in reality than in the TV dramas or dreams. A good way to conclude this wonderful year with so much more to look forward to.

No comments: