Friday, December 19, 2008

Professional Fatuous "Advisors"

- Never Stop Dreaming -

This morning, I was greeted by the sweetest message from one of the loveliest girl who had implanted permanant footprints in my life and gained herself a eternal place in my heart. Quite to the contary, last night I was chatting with another lovely girl who had also gained a significant impact in my life...Yes I know I am in self denial of these blessings that God have granted, I am blind, I am dumb or watever. That aside, I received an email from an net friend whom I had never met. Now there was absolutely nothing wrong with the email so don't get me wrong. The email was about an unknown Caucasian little girl who seemed to be tracing her name, her roots and possibly her parents after being a victim of the 2004 Phuket Tsunami.

As we all know, the tragedy happened like about 4 years ago and this email circulating phenomenon is somewhat shady, and possibly unreliable. As much as I appreciate the efforts of everyone harnessing the power of the internet to bring the world closer, but being a good samaritian by forwarding emails blindly outta compassion is not gonna beg you a Noble price or a place in Wikipedia. I may seem to be going down harsh on this issue and yes indeed I am. Simply because in this advance civilization of techonology that we live in, the mere click of the mouse might prove a little too fatal at times. The repercussions are exponential and often inredeemable. So I chose an unfortunate few among the whole list of "forwarded" recepients to lash my disgust at.

While browsing thru the list, a unglamourously "spectacular" one did caught my eye. It seems that she have an allegiance of affidavits that goes by a much abused moniker, 'Advisors Clique'. Ha...Advisors my ass! Not to mention that the name of the huge Corporation that she is working for, contact no. and other info pasted in bold. Really makes one wonder what these fatuous "Advisors" do in the office. And then it really comes to a point when I question their acadamic and technological capabilities. Google and Yahoo are not just there to take up space...they have useful properties. A quick search on either of these and other less known search engines would have generated that this "Lost Phuket Girl" issue is already closed in 2004. Her identity and nationality verified, and returned to the arms of her parents in the comfort of her home. Then why are these emails still circulating?

Your guess is as good as mine...Brainless 'Advisors' forwarding it blindly, losers boasting 3000 friends on their contact lists and all other Samaritians wannabe clicking away the "Mass Destruction" forward buttons. Like how I have blasted some emails claiming how great God is in the usually overly exaggerated context, I really do not care how great one's God is or how some kid needs a new kidney, if the emails are genuinely free from deception and exaggeration, I will humbly do my part and forward them to my friends because I believe that everyone should do their part to protect the people who they regard as real friends and not send every junk out to "infect" their friends.

For God's sake or for your friends' sake, seperate the truth from the lies and filter the hoaxes and spams from the truth before you hit the forward button.

Use Google because it's free and efficient.

Be a little wiser so that there will be less stupid generations ahead.

Protect your friends, love ones and "eliminate" everything else.

No comments: