Wednesday, January 23, 2008

White Affiliation

- Never Stop Dreaming -

Snow always seems to fall a ton late at night when the temperature is lower than in the day. So far I have caught numerous night snow fall and only 1 major day snow fall but today I was lucky.

Peered through the window at 0700 hours and was utterly disappointed as the sky was overcast and the ambience was grey. There weren't any rays from the morning sun piercing through the clouds. But at 0730 hours, snow started falling and till now, 0844 hours registered on this computer, everything outside the windows were just acres and acres of white with nothing visible further than a hundred metres. It's still snowing and I am really happy gloating over all the other Japaneses' frowns as they simply hated the snow.

Consolation, consolation and more consolation for me...the snow is falling slowly and constantly in little pellets no bigger than a grain of rice. Yet it's this kind of snow that will continue for a prolonged periods of time which will hopefully reward me with a foot of snow.

There are numerous inferences where the phrase "Be careful of what you wish for" does grip me and instil a sense of fear but at a time like this, I would still say without a slightest second thought, "I wish for a blizzard now!"

Snow had progressed from a mere novelty to a sense of affiliation so strong I simply can't stop yearning for more. Greed would be a serious understatement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey u not coming back for CNY ah???

小郎 said...

Nope, dun tink so