Friday, February 18, 2011

Ashley Wood and the Grunts

- Never Stop Dreaming -

A while ago, I had an entry regarding 3A (previously Threezero), a HK toy company that had partnered with world renown artist, Ashley to form the 3A corp. The toy line distributed by 3A are something that I had always dream of, Gas masks, katanas, weathered robots, etc.

Despite my earlier miss on the exclusive de Plume figures, this time round I was lucky to pick up a 4 pack Grunt which of course is already SOLD OUT by the time you are reading this. Grunts...low rank newly recruits that are sent out in the hordes to the battle field to be fed to Death.

3A items are exclusive to their very own webstore Bambaland and most items will never see the light of retail shelves. Items are released on a periodical basis updated with info on their site. Usually sale last from minutes for limited production items to a day for some items. Given the strong Yen, they are considered relatively affordable for me. All 3A items are tediously handmade so the sale is usually a pre-order which the final item, usually better then the prototype pictures will ship at a later date.

Looking forward to my 1st designer 3A figure and more to come. I decided to pick up a 4 pack Grunt set since not only was it cheaper, it will include a WWR poster from Ashley himself.



No comments: